If you were hoping for a really cool post about a really cool band, you are mistaken. This about the REM that happens when we sleep. My nights are filled with little sleep, but many vivid dreams. My unsubstantiated opinion is that I only sleep in R.E.M. Here is a glimpse at a typical night:
10:00 pm: Watch the news headlines
10: 15 pm: Go the bathroom, put on jammies, crawl into bed
10:22 pm: Flip channels on TV between the news, Friends re-runs, Sportscenter, Conan O'Brian, Letterman.
11:oo pm: Start thinking it would be nice to fall asleep soon - turn off TV, lights. Turn on radio and alarm clock time projector
11:22pm: Somehow, always look at the time projected on the wall at exactly 11:22 - makes me happy as it is a important date
11:57 pm: Decide I am not going to fall asleep, turn light on and pick up book and read
12:38 am: Mine as well check Facebook...
12:56 am: Back to bed...drift off to sleep
1:26 am: Wake up with a start - think someone is standing over me. Whew, dreaming. Wait, where am I? Am I late for work???
3:13 am : You won't believe this dream I had...it was so weird...wait, I am still dreaming. I just had a dream within a dream. What, am I awake?
5:05 am: Wake up mid swing - punched out the pillow. Damn it.
6:38 am: beep, beeP, beEP, bEEP, BEEP! Turn off alarm - curse. Where am I? What day is it? Check the day of the week, shake out the cobwebs, get out of bed and head to the shower. Another day begins...
No comments:
Post a Comment