Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Surviving H1N1

It was a busy weekend. Lots of sports and lots of errands to try and fit in. Woke up with a sore throat. Cough, cough. Hmm, something is going on. Came home, fell asleep in the chair. Not unheard of, but unusual in that I was trying to watch a big game. Man, I am freezing. In fact, I have been freezing for a few days. More blankets and off to bed. At 9 pm. Woke up with a horrible headache and a fever of 102. Run to the bathroom. This is not good.

Load up on Imodium, Tylenol and Gatorade. Sleep, sleep, and more sleep. Had a bit of a fright on one of my runs to the bathroom – apparently the Gatorade did not absorb at all and came out the same color. Certain things just should not be blue. EWWW!

Of course I am the one to get H1N1. I had no doubt that I would. Just the way my life rolls. I have to say it ranks in my top 3 illnesses. The other two being food poisoning (Norwalk Virus) and Ehrlichiosis (tick disease). After a week of barricading myself in my room, I finally ventured out. Man, people don’t want to even come near you when they hear you have “Swine Flu”. I get it, but I am pretty sure I am not contagious anymore. Maybe…

No comments:

Post a Comment