Monday, July 6, 2009

Firsts

This is my first post for Curse the Alarm. I realize that this is really only exciting for me. Just like I realize that usually I am the only one that finds myself funny. I spend a lot of time with two of my friends that I have know since high school (very Minnesota). Why I am mentioning this is that the guy friend always says that in a group of 3, there is a smart one, a funny one, and the Ho. I like to think I am the smart one, wish I were the Ho, so that leaves the funny one.

I think my humor comes from being the youngest in a typical Irish family. Lots of kids, church at least once a week, and dinners that last two hours. If I wanted to be heard, first I had to be loud, then I had to keep their attention. Worked sometimes, other times I was dubbed "Princess Puberty."

Laughter has gotten me though many things in life, including the last years of dealing with Jackass (JA) - which is my ex husband. We were marrried young, had a lovely marriage, one child and then he became a cliche. Affair with his assistant, embezzeled money, went to jail. Really, a lot of laughs can be found in these situations. Such as the time my friends and family were helping me move and we kept looking in boxes for "missing" money. No such luck. Although a found a finner and a pack of cigs in his jacket pocket. Score!

So, I was driving home from a holiday weekend "Up North" and saw a very odd man on a motorcycle. He was wearing very short shorts and a helmet. That was ALL. He also had a heater hanging from his mouth and a drink in his hand, sporting a nice tan. I swear to you, I thought he was naked until I got next to him. Clearly he has his priorities straight...

It has been a long day and I really am not looking forward to that alarm clock tomorrow morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment