As many people spend their days, I am in Cube World. I don't mind it, as I am social by nature. We spend much of the day talking to each other and listening to each other's conversations. I am pretty open and really do not care what my co-workers overhear. Can't say whether they like to hear it or not...Anyhow, my point in all of this is that conversations often turns to food - what everyone is making for dinner, etc...So today,I called my daughter to have her make some rice for tonight's dinner, "Chipotle" style burritoes. As I hung up, I hollered to my coworkers that "I know I misprounced it!!!" You see, I have my own way of speaking, that was dubbed years ago as "Suebonics." What I really said was cha-polt-te. My brain just does this on many words. September has no p...breakfast has no k...and today I was told that hearse (Michael Jackson inspired consversation) is not hearst. Side note on Michael Jackson - it was his funeral today and the best part was a high school class mate who works for one of the big cable news networks kept a running commentary on her facebook. Favorite comment of the day "what, no candle in the wind?"
Off to zest some limes...
No comments:
Post a Comment